ESG - Environmental, Social, Governance
Durango Midstream LLC is committed to minimizing its carbon footprint on the environment and is continuously evaluating best practices to transition to carbon neutral operations by focusing on five key areas:
Environmental Metrics Tracking
Criteria pollutant emission reduction
Greenhouse Gas emissions reduction
Spill & release mitigation
Compliance with environmental laws
Durango Midstream is honored to partner with and support the communities in which we live and operate. We give back to communities in numerous ways, including employee volunteerism and corporate sponsorships to local non profit organizations. We treat all employees, customers, vendors and members of the general public fairly and without prejudice to gender, race, ethnic or national origin, socio-economic status, age, religion or disability.
At Durango Midstream, we are committed to operating in an ethical, legal, environmentally sensitive and socially responsible manner, while creating long-term value for our stakeholders. Our governance structure enables our experienced leadership team to provide advice, insight and oversight to advance the interests of Durango Midstream and our stakeholders. We strive to maintain sound governance standards as reflected in our Governance Guidelines, and in accordance with our systematic approach to risk management, and our commitment to strong financial reporting and internal controls.
Environmental Metrics Tracking:
- DMS tracks lagging indicators & key performance indicators (KPI) to spot trends & improve EH&S performance
Criteria Pollutant Emission Reduction:
- DMS uses both oxidation & non-selective catalytic reduction (NSCR) catalysts on engines to reduce overall Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) , Carbon Monoxide (CO), & Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions.
- DMS uses electrified compression in lieu of gas fired compression when sufficient power is available
- DMS combusts natural gas during maintenance events in lieu of venting gas to the atmosphere resulting in lower VOC emissions
- DMS uses low to zero emitting Tri-Ethylene Glycol (TEG) dehydration units where feasible resulting in lower VOC emissions
- DMS has implemented a routine pigging program designed to maximize pipeline efficiency & reduce VOC emission events.
- DMS has implemented a program to control emissions from produced water & condensate storage tanks.
Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction:
- DMS has implemented an instrument air program for new facilities & is phasing out the use of field gas as motive gas at existing facilities lowering overall methane emissions from pneumatic devices and pneumatic pumps.
- DMS has implemented a venting & flaring policy to ensure natural gas is combusted in lieu of venting to the atmosphere resulting in lower overall methane emissions.
- DMS routinely determines is lost & unaccounted gas (L&U) to determine effective ways to increase its overall gas capture resulting in lower methane emissions.
- DMS uses acid gas injection technology to sequester approximately 40 K MT of C02 per year increasing to ~ 80K MT of C02 by CY 2023.
Spill and Release Mitigation:
- DMS periodically monitors for leaks at its gas plants using both conventional leak detection & optical gas imaging (OGI) technology. Leaks are repaired timely
- DMS monitors its compressor stations for leaks using OGI technology. Leaks are repaired timely.
- DMS utilizes fixed wing aircraft to fly its gathering system and compressor stations in search of leaks. Leaks that are identified are repaired timely.
- DMS has implemented a spill & release policy that contains provisions for timely notification, repair, & cleanup of all spills & releases
- DMS conducts routine audio, visual, & olfactory (AVO) inspections of its gathering system facilities. Identified leaks are reported and fixed timely.
Compliance with state and federal environmental laws:
- DMS has implemented an Environmental Management Information System (EMIS) that tracks state & federal compliance tasks. Tasks are monitored to ensure completion and close out by DMS environmental personnel.