Sr. Air Quality Specialist or Sr. Air Quality Engineer
Durango Midstream is seeking a Sr. Air Quality Specialist or Engineer to manage its operations in the Permian Basin.
The successful candidate for the position will be responsible for air permitting and air quality compliance programs for compressor stations and natural gas processing gas plants located in the states of Texas and New Mexico (Permian Basin). This person will also play a key role in the development and implementation of air quality related compliance programs. Air quality experience in Texas and New Mexico is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Air permitting,
- Maintenance of a corporate Environmental Management Information System (Enviance),
- Preparation of emissions inventories,
- Annual and Semi-Annual Title V Monitoring Reports
- Maintaining compliance with air permit conditions
- Maintaining compliance with state and federal air quality programs including:
- New Source Performance Standards, Sub-Part OOOO
- New Source Performance Standards, Sub-Part OOOOa
- New Source Performance Standards, Sub-Part JJJJ
- New Source Performance Standards, Sub-Part KKK
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, Sub-Part ZZZZ
- 40 CFR Part 98, Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting
- Ensure air quality programs, procedures and policies are up to date.
- Communicate changes to air permits and monitoring requirements to operations & management
- Communicate with operations and management regarding air quality issues & ensure satisfactory & timely resolution.
- Coordinate emissions testing & Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) monitoring
- Support agency audits and investigations.
- Quantify emissions from spills & releases, perform agency notifications, and support internal and agency incident investigations as needed.
- Train employees on air quality program requirements.
Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules and adhere to established work schedules.
- Capable of adjusting work tasks according to areas that need immediate attention i.e., non-compliance, gaps, and/or audit findings.
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and manage workload while providing timely turnaround on tasks.
- Must be able to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, often under short or changing deadlines, in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Office Skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to network within the organization to support EHS policy.
- Adaptable to organizational change.
- Maintain valid Texas driver license and capable of driving a company vehicle.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work under pressure within deadlines.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
BA or BS degree in a technical discipline, such as science or engineering, or equivalent job experience
5 or more years of experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably in the natural gas processing sector. Vast knowledge of federal air quality programs and state air quality regulations. (Texas & New Mexico)
Durango Midstream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.